The Walking Dead Episode 1: “First Time Again”
A recap and review of The Walking Dead Episode 1: “First Time Again”
(photo courtesy of amctv.com)
Sullywood Rating: 7/10
What We Learned:
- Not a whole lot
- Nothing has changed much since the infamous Rick-Pete showdown
- We have arrived to “The Herd”
- Morgan and Rick make an unstoppable duo (tag team back again)
- The people of Alexandria still don’t quite put there full faith in Rick
- Carter seemed like a thorn in Rick’s side, until he died (no rhyme intended)
- “The Herd” was not going to be taken care of so easily
- Nicholas is trying to redeem himself from being such an asshole
- Abraham might be losing it
- Maggie continues to increase her leadership abilities (and she’s still really hot)
- Deanna is going to lose it and soon (rightfully so since she just lost her husband, who is still in Abraham’s ear, literally)
- We need to know what’s making all that racket!
I loved the whole back and forth between past and present in “First Time Again”. I especially love that the past was distinguished by being black and white. Nothing annoys me more than when a show pulls the old flashback episode and you can’t tell what the hell is past and present.
I must say that I’m somewhat disappointed for this being a season premiere. Did I want Pete’s death to linger? No. But did I want some drama involved? Hecks yes!
I know that “The Herd” is an important story line from the comics, so seeing the group fail was no big surprise, but I thought leading straight off with it still felt out of place.
I would’ve given this episode a lower rating if not for the direction of the episode itself. This whole episode just felt very wasted for being 90 TV minutes long.
In case you missed our review of the last episode, click below to read: